Thursday, February 12, 2009

Crazy little thing called . . .

Someday I will figure this site out. If anyone has any suggestions on how to make my page look better please tell me the idea and then tell me how to do it! I really would appreciate this. I've decided this very minute that I will in fact try harder to update this blog frequently. The reason for the lack of pictures and for the lack of videos is because my camera decided to break. I swear I get a new camera every year on the dot. They offer the one year warranty and I am now convinced it is because they know for a fact that the camera will break on its one year anniversary. Anway, I need to go get it fixed or buy a new one, so it will probably take awhile. The good news is that you get get to read even more from me to make up for the picture abscence. They may say that a picture paints a thousand words, but that's just because they've never read my eloquence. Who needs a picture when you can read my pure poetry?

As for the goings on in my life; we are preparing for Valentine's day and as if to prove her love for me (and her exasperation) my mom helped me clean my room. I am disgraced I know. On the plus side it looks incredible, not a thing on the floor . . . except that peach stain . . . (okay now I have to explain. I had a ripe peach and wasn't going to eat it so I threw it away. The only problem with this is that my cat Jenkins really likes food and he especially likes fruit. So of course one night he decided to tip over the garbage can--he does this frequently--why would I get rid of all that fabulous stuff to play with adn chew on!?. Anyway, he knocks it down and so when in the middle of the dark night I have to go to the little booksellers room (the potty, yeesh make me spell it out), I come back and squish! Can I just tell you how disgusting it is to have a sleep fogged mind and then step on something that is huge and squelches under your foot at 3 in the morining!? (I mention the time because as we all know at 2 or at 4 this occurence wopuld just not be as horrific). So now I have an enormous peach stain on my carpet. As an idea bonus to display to you my stupidity and Jenks' ambition/termacity/obstinancy/annoying-ness/and cutesness, I put the remaining peach ruins into the garbage. Silly me, trash goes into the garbage, I don't know why I didn't think there would be a problem with this. The garbage of course got knocked down again and again--you read right, I did this fiasco more than once or even twice. Finally I had to take the garbage outside-the horror!

Wow, that story lasted a lot longer than I anticipated. So, Valentines. Angela is practically jumping out of her skin in excitement and mom is going on multiple trips everywhere thinking of finding Valentines for her grankids and her kids. As for me, I grin and bear-do you really spell it that way? Bare, bear, beer? It's not that I don't like Valentine's, okay it is. First of all the colors are just garish. Ugh. and shudder for emphasis. Secondly, I have never really celebrated this holiday unless it involved getting mom roses and knowing how dissapointed she was that they were from me and not someone special of the male gender. Don't get me wrong i love getting Mom roses, but it is quite a letdown when you spend that kind of money only to see and know how dissappointed she is. The day is just spent in depression. This Valentines I get to work. Sad but also better than other Valentines after all my good fellow coworker Fanny Price will be there! The downside, we have majorly big bag of conversation hearts at the cash wrap, I don't even like them except for the orange and I can't keep my hands off them! On another plus note the nieces will be over for cookie frosting and the like. V fun, and V exhausting!

Well, now I must go do my mom's hair. Yes this is weird, she cleans my room, and I do her hair everyday. What can we say, there are just certain things you cannot or will not do yourself. As for all of you, have a great Valentine's Day and I will write to you all again when sanity returns.

3 comments:

Shay said...

So, just found your blog... yeah, I feel like an idiot... lol

My story blog you know of, but I'm not sure if you have my "life" blog. I just write about crazy things my son does and what I'm up to. Yadda, yadda. Read it if you are interested. I tend to be horribly honest online. Don't ask me why... lol

oreosanyone.blogspot.com

Abby said...

You know I have this beautiful machine that cleans carpet. I will bring it Sat. and we will see if we can simply get rid of that peach stain!

April said...

Your peach stain story made me laugh so hard. It is very much like you to have to learn this lesson not once, twice or even thrice!