I suppose the time has come for a new post. Well rather the time is past but what's in the past is past. I haven't been up to much lately, hence the no writing thing. I have finished my Jane Austen survey class and got a B+ (darn grammatical points!) which is pretty good all things considered. I am now in a era time period phase and so I have been reading and watching Elizabeth Gaskell's North and South and Wives and Daughters. I think I should have attempted Compton, the plot is no fun but the book is rather small, not like the encyclopedic novel Wives and Daughters. Oh well. I actually have enjoyed North and South more. I'm so sick of novels where the guy never sees the girl, is an utter fool for someone else, and then the main girl's so greatful for his finally noticing her that it's oh yes I'll marry you! I had the same trouble with Edmund in Northanger Abbey. I just don't believe your affection can be so strong for someone else (or their pretty face) and then the next minute now that your dissapointed in the relationship your best friend who's been there all along is truly the love of your life! Aha! All those other feelings well . . . must have been indigestion!
Anyhow, enough ranting! I really want to start a reading group, but I can't seem to interest anyone. I know that people are busy, but still, you find time for your passion. I guess I just need to find people who have a passion for reading who aren't already in a thousand book groups. Yeah right.
Nothing else more to report. Work goes on as usual and I need to find a different job with better hours pay, and less standing and bending. My knee has now decided that it will feel broken even when it is not and the more agony it gives its keeper the better.
Oh I am newly addicted to Pokemon Diamond for my DS. Thanks Adie. Speaking of I really want to go play it so this will be all for now.
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm reading "North and South" right now too! I love it!
Post a Comment